Gold chain presented to the Royal Burgh of Tain by ex-Provost James Maitland JP in 1925. The main plaque has the burgh seal and figure of St Duthac on the front. Details of the presentation are on the back. The smaller plaques, heart-shaped and surmounted by thistles, are engraved with the names and dates of the Provosts from 1925 to 1975. Hallmarked for Birmingham 1924/5, 18ct gold. Also marked for William Ross, a jeweller in Tain, who designed and retailed the chain and was Provost at the time of its presentation.
|Date added||May 20th, 2021|
|Added by||Tain & District Museum|