The pepper pot has a cylindrical body with a ribbed foot and handle, and a domed pull-off lid with a ribbed rim. The top is pierced with a pattern of dots, commas and slashes. Pots of this type are described as "kitchen peppers", of which this is a very fine example. It was probably made in the mid-18th century, making it the work of Hugh Ross II (c.1715-1770). It is marked St Duthac and HR conjoined on the base. Height 60mm, diameter 45mm.
|Date added||May 21st, 2021|
|Added by||Tain & District Museum|