A pipe band leads the parade down the High Street during the town's celebrations on Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, 1897. In the background, between the banners, the right hand part of a large floral arch erected for the occasion can be seen, showing the words "Our Queen", presumably part of "God Save Our Queen". Note the unsurfaced road and "Henderson & Co" behind the three ladies on the left. Henderson's Emporium was one of the larger businesses at that time.
|Albums||Occasions / People|
|Date added||April 29th, 2004|
|Added by||Tain & District Museum|