This postcard was sent from Fearn to Edinburgh in 1903. The view is looking across The Links from Gallow Hill towards the railway line with the slaughter house beyond on the right and the goods shed is the large building middle left. The first golf in Tain was played on The Links. In 1890 the St Duthus Golf Club was formed and a proper course set out east of the Plaids Road. However, golf continued to be played on the links for a long time afterwards.
|Albums||Clubs and Societies / Places / Sports and Recreation|
|Date added||February 5th, 2004|
|Added by||Tain & District Museum|