Inspector Cameron would have been employed by the Police Commissioners who were responsible for policing matters in the burgh. The Police Commissioners were mainly made up of burgh councillors and baillies and included the Provost and the Dean of Guild. They were abolished in 1900 when they and the Burgh Council were replaced by a single Town Council.
|Date added||July 23rd, 2004|
|Added by||Tain & District Museum|