This firm was established in 1812. This photo taken in 1922 shows their High Street premises situated where the Royal Bank of Scotland building now stands replacing this building which was burnt down in 1957. ( see Picture #21) Wallace & Fraser continued in Castle Brae in a rather reduced form (in the building now occupied by Brown's Art Gallery). The array of goods in the windows give some idea of the "Aladdin's Cave" nature of this locally famous firm which was the source of a vast range of goods for town and country dweller alike. L to R - Stanley Ross (Manager); Duncan Mackenzie; Sybil Ross (Arboll); ?; Joe Birnie; Tina Mackintosh;?;?
|Albums||Businesses / People|
|Date added||February 23rd, 2005|
|Added by||Tain & District Museum|