The railway reached Tain in 1864. Tain station used to be a very busy place and employed c30 people in its heyday. It had several sidings, sheds, a water tank and a turntable but is now unmanned. Most of Tain’s provisions arrived by rail. Before motor vehicles became more available horses and carts were used to transport the goods from the station. This picture shows the station in the 1960's when it was still manned. Picture courtesy of the Scottish Field magazine.
|Albums||Places / Schools / Sports and Recreation / The Armed Services / Transport and Communications|
|Date added||February 13th, 2006|
|Added by||Scottish Field Magazine|