We believe this picture of a float was constucted by the Tain Scouts as part of the Tain Carnival of c1946/7. They are obviously making a social/political commentary. In the background is the old Co-op stores at the top of King Street, now occupied by Mr. Shafi's drapery business. Attached to this building on the left we can see the old bakehouse now long gone. This bakehouse was, among others, owned at one time by James Robertson, baker, who was Provost of Tain 1921-24. The last private baker to use it was Alexander before it was taken over by the Co-op.
|Cat No.||Not specified.|
|Albums||Businesses / Clubs and Societies / Occasions / People / Places|
|Date added||July 29th, 2009|
|Added by||Tain & District Museum|