Baillie G B Davidson, Saddler

Baillie G B Davidson, Saddler

Year: 1943 | Included in Albums: None specified.

Photo Description

Baillie G B Davidson, Saddler 3 Queen Street Tain. Taken in 1943. Husband of "Mam" Davidson and five sons of Tain

Cat No. Not specified.
Year 1943
Albums None specified.
Date added May 30th, 2020
Added by Douglas Ross Davidson
1 Visitor Comments
  • image description

    Douglas Davidson

    On April 16th 1907 G B Davidson received his Certificate of Proclamation as to Marriage from the Session clerk at the United Free Church in Tain and three days later married Margaret S Ross in Glasgow. George moved from 5 Cadboll Place where he had been living and set up home in 9 Ross Street with his new wife. George was born in Dyce,Aberdeenshire and worked as a journeyman saddler there and in Glasgow. In Tain he worked for JMK Grant and A Fraser before establishing his own saddlery business at 17 Market Street, Tain. George became an active member of Community life for the rest of his life.His name can still be found on the wall of the St Duthus Bowling Club (John Munro Challenge Cup in 1918 and 1930). He was an member of the choir, a deacon and an elder in the UF/Parish Church as well as a keen follower of local football ( Niall Harkiss `Forgotten Pioneers`). He helped organise the Tain Comforts Fund in both World Warrs,became a Councillor and served as Dean of Guild and became a Baillie. He was also a prominent Freemason. G B Davidson and `Mam` Davidson as she became known produced five healthy sons who lived in to adulthood. G B Davidson died in April 1945.

Add Your Comment