This photo was taken possibly in the early 1930's outside G Urquhart, Butchers in the High Street. It shows L to R: Jean Christie, Dave Urquhart, Barbara Munro(Mrs Urquhart). In the window are cuts of meat and pies with two hanging lamb carcases. This family firm owned two butcher shops (the other one in Portmahomack), operated a van round serving the Edderton, Inver, Portmahomack and Rockfield areas and also owned the Burgage farm. George Urqhuart was Forbie Urquhart's grandfather, Dave Urquhart was his uncle and son of George. Forbie Urquhart ran a drapery, clothing and haberdashery business in Lamington Street. Next door to the left was Robert Collie, Tailor, and next to that was Strachan, Baker. All three premises are now part of the Gow bakery chain's Tain shop.
|Albums||Businesses / People|
|Date added||March 23rd, 2004|
|Added by||Tain & District Museum|